What technology is used in fitness
Wearables: on the way to the human machine
Fitness tracking is no longer limited to wristbands, but also items of clothing such as T-shirts, sports bras and socks. In 2015, Hexoskin presented a smart shirt that measures heart and respiratory rate and respiratory volume, counts steps and monitors sleep. The shirt can be connected to various fitness apps via Bluetooth. However, after 14 hours the shirt's battery is empty and needs to be charged.
In addition to recording and collecting data sportswear and equipment can even do the job of a personal trainer. The company electricfoxy has developed a sports shirt that can correct positions during yoga and pilates. The upper part is equipped with four sensors that are supposed to guide the wearer to make movements correctly. The sensors can detect postures and muscle movements and are embedded in the front, back and sides of the shirt. The Move top indicates incorrect movements by applying light pressure at the respective point - just like a human coach. An app connected to the sensors shows the user in detail what correct movements look like, where they are improving and where there is still room for improvement.
Sports clothing from Athos, equipped with sensors, is already on the market direct insight into his muscle work gives. In this way he can find out which parts of his body have been strained the most and which areas still need training. The data is displayed on the smartphone via Bluetooth.
But apart from the fitness trend, interest in wearables is also growing. Accessories such as watches and glasses become iWear. A smartwatch enables the user to take a look at the cell phone without having to take it out of his pocket. The small startup Pebble, a success story of the crowdfunding platform Kickstarter, recognized this potential faster than the "big ones": The first Pebble smartwatches were delivered to Germany in September 2013. Features such as e-mails, messages, weather and incoming calls are displayed on the e-paper display of the Pebble-Watch. Two new Smartwaches that Pebble released in 2015 also have a color display and a built-in microphone.
In September 2013, Samsung's first smartwatch, the Galaxy Gear, hit the market. It has a camera, loudspeaker and microphone and was the first smartwatch that could be used directly as a phone. Samsung has released at least one more smartwatch every year since 2013. In April 2015, sales of the Apple Watch began, which is available in several versions, including a luxury version. Like the newer models from Samsung, it combines a smartphone and a fitness bracelet. It vibrates when messages come in or when appointments are imminent, it can take phone calls, but also measure the pulse and the level of movement. It recommends the user how often he should stand, move or exercise. There is a virtual medal for every success.
- Does the sun exist
- Why are languages very important
- Christians believe that Jesus was not a Jew
- Which websites pay money for my knowledge
- How many genes does everyone have
- What is useful in an elephant
- There will be religion after 1000 years
- What are usual labor costs
- Which department falls under the corporate business?
- What does positive displacement mean
- What math topics should I investigate?
- Why is the market entry strategy important
- What makes a brook a brook
- What are some good mascot design companies
- When is social media a good thing?
- Can Tesla survive with Elon Musk
- Political correctness hinders innovation in politics
- Which muscles should I train with legs?
- What does a mathematician actually do?
- What is the viscosity of blood
- What are people looking for while traveling?
- When do crows die
- How many states are there in India 13
- Artificial light can be used for photosynthesis