What is leg press good for?
Explanation of the exercise
One of the best-known and most effective exercises on a strength machine is the leg press. Almost every fitness studio, every performance center and every physiotherapist has such a machine, which is why it is undisputed that this fitness device is one of the best. There are different versions of this device, but they hardly differ in their mode of operation.
Almost all muscles of the legs and the bottom are trained here. In detail, these are the quadriceps (quadriceps femoris muscles) and hamstrings (biceps femoris muscles) as well as the gluteus muscles (gluteus maximus). Depending on the position of the foot, the adductors (musculus adductor) and calf muscles (musculus gastrocnemius) are also stressed.
The right execution
Sit on the seat pad of the leg press and lean your back against the back pad. Place your feet about hip-width apart on the footplate provided. Further possible foot positions and their effects are shown and explained in the article Foot positions. If the device has grips, you can gain additional stability by holding on to them.
Now you release the lock and slowly and in a controlled manner bring the weight as close as possible to your upper body.
Then you exhale and at the same time press the footplate up over the heels of your legs. At the end of this movement, make sure that your legs are not fully stretched so as not to put unnecessary strain on your knee joints. Your feet should be positioned high enough on the footplate that the knees and toes form an imaginary line throughout the exercise.
As mentioned before, there are different types of leg presses.
The one described in the description text is the 45 degree leg press. In this case, the foot section is pushed upwards at an angle:
The model in which the footplate parallel is pushed away to the ground:
It is very rare to find it vertical leg press, in which the footplate is pushed upwards:
There is also the 30 degree leg presswhere the foot section is not moved as usual. Instead, you press the seat slide backwards with your legs:
When performing the leg press, it is particularly important to ensure that the knees remain stable during the exercise. The tips of your feet and knees must point in the same direction. The knees are also not allowed to turn inwards or outwards. The correct distance between the feet is essential to stabilize the knees.
- Which river is in Surat City
- What is the most successful sales model
- What happened to the old common sense
- Classify Indians foreigners into different castes
- What is some information about livestock farming
- Is it okay to drink when you are irritable?
- Why did Emmanuel Adebayor leave Arsenal
- How is Ubuntu helpful with coding
- How do knowledge-based systems work
- Are you a beautiful girl
- What is mallow used for?
- Which army travels overseas the most?
- How does honesty help in our life
- What makes a good or bad theater
- What are some great Russian poems
- What does rational order mean
- Has anyone met Lionel Messi
- How much is 100 2 1
- Are these shoes real Vans?
- Makes Amazon ads for language
- How is Ubuntu helpful with coding
- Why should Trump win in 2020
- How can I use VPN over SSH
- How do I become an anesthesia technician
- What are encryption algorithms
- Rajpurohit is a common family name
- Is Webroot good antivirus software?
- How is the Security Council formed
- What are the main obligations of contracts
- What are good questions about the employee survey
- What is quality service?
- What is the appeal of Scientology
- In which situation can lightning be dangerous
- Where did the chilli burger come from