Who delivers oil to the refineries
Oil: MOL buys refinery in Lombardy
With the IES takeover, Hungary's oil company is strengthening its growth path in the fight against the takeover by OMV.
BUDAPEST (red./ag.). The Hungarian oil company MOL continues to buy. While OMV is working on a takeover of MOL, the Hungarians have now in turn acquired the private Italian oil company IES (Italiana Energia e Servizi). As MOL confirmed on Tuesday, the takeover will cost around EUR 800 million, including EUR 300 million in debts of the Italians.
MOL boss Zsolt Hernádi described the move as “not a mere acquisition”, but as “organic growth” that will increase the value of the MOL shares. MOL is fighting against a takeover by the Austrian company OMV, which increased its stake in June from 10 to 18.6 percent and is thus the largest single shareholder. MOL itself buys its own shares and unofficially controls almost 40 percent of the shares, the majority of which is parked at friendly companies.
Refinery in Mantua
The main value of the acquisition is the IES refinery in Mantua, which is to be expanded by 130 million euros. According to MOL, the annual capacity will be increased from 2.6 to three million tons of crude oil. "The refinery production provides a good basis for further retail expansion in the region," it said. In addition, the Hungarians get 165 filling stations in Lombardy. In the fiscal year ended June 30, IES had sales of EUR 1.3 billion and an operating profit (Ebitda) of EUR 98 million.
("Die Presse", print edition, 08/01/2007)
- How is Bernadette's real voice
- How can science deal with the space duck
- What is the best crash bandicoot game
- What is nylon
- Have you been caught immersing yourself
- What does the flag belong for?
- What are BTS's zodiac signs
- Which cars start with a C.
- Is the HBO sitcom Silicon Valley realistic
- What does it mean anyway
- How can I hear from God regularly
- Are bears herbivores, carnivores or omnivores
- Bite polar bears
- What is your favorite dynamic programming problem
- Is there an app for pop music
- Can i visit Apple Park
- Can Futura be used for commercial purposes
- What do Israeli soldiers think of India?
- How can I revise the GST rate?
- What is the future of IOCL
- Why am I so emotionally invested?
- Is the rent of hospitals exempt
- What are some good umbrella brands
- What are some great folk dances