What does an archaeologist hope to find
Cairo (dpa) - After investigations in the Valley of the Kings, the British Egyptologist Nicholas Reeves is confident of finding the undiscovered tomb of the legendary Egyptian Queen Nefertiti.
On Thursday, after a stay in the Valley of the Kings, Reeves confirmed his theory that there are previously undiscovered rooms in the world-famous burial chamber of Pharaoh Tutankhamun.
Reeves suspects Nefertiti's sarcophagus behind the north wall of the crypt and, according to his own statement, found further clues during the inspection that support his theory and make further rooms appear likely. "Radar and thermal images should show us that," said the scientist in Cairo.
The Egyptian Minister of Antiquities, Mamduch Al-Damati, was also hopeful: "I agree with him [Reeves] that we will find something behind the wall. A burial chamber or something else."
When the measurements should take place remained unclear at first. Al-Damati said the necessary permits must first be obtained. He hoped these would be available by November. In an interview with the state news website "Al-Ahram" Reeves said there were talks with a Japanese expert on radar technology who could carry out the difficult measurements.
Reeves had caused a sensation with an essay on line structures he had identified in two walls in the tomb of the child king Tutankhamun (around 1330 BC). He recognized them as walled-in passages. Reeves explains that it is Nefertiti who is supposed to hide behind the north wall of the chamber, among other things with the connection between her and Tutankhamun. Nefertiti was his stepmother and - in Reeves' theory - at the same time his predecessor as pharaoh.
If Reeves were to really find Nefertiti's tomb, it would be one of the greatest sensations in the history of archeology. However, colleagues of the researcher had emphasized that it was initially only a hypothesis.
The world-famous bust of the beautiful Nefertiti, which was discovered in 1912, is exhibited on Museum Island in Berlin and has attracted millions of visitors in recent years.
- How quickly does the old law grow
- How do I open a Maytag washing machine
- Why is Ellicott City flooding
- How did you deal with a miscarriage
- Which country has the most tattoo artists
- How do I learn critical thinking
- Why is my iPhone hacked
- How long are cat years
- What does in a contract
- How can I be a millionaire anywhere
- Are all INTPs quiet
- How to warm up baked potato peels
- Why are border collies staring at
- Which is the best cricket shop online
- What should a passed grade mean?
- What is Ting Ting slang for?
- Are laptops and computers the same thing?
- Which pens are best for beginners?
- How can I become a bigger producer
- What is Kafka esque writing style
- Most administrative assistants have a bachelor's degree
- What brand is marketing itself as The King
- What is a Gunn diode 2
- Can you really freeze to death?