How do coconut seeds spread?
Growing coconut palm yourself - that's how it works
Coconut palms are more like just plants. With them you can also bring that South Sea feeling into your apartment. For example, by pulling them yourself.
You do not necessarily have to buy a coconut palm “ready-made”, because it is just as possible to grow the plant yourself from a coconut. This has the advantage that you get a healthy palm in which the roots have not been shortened, as is often the case with a purchased plant. So just give it a try and grow a coconut palm yourself.
How to grow a coconut tree yourself
The seed of the plant is inside the coconut. The nut itself has a total of three germ holes that are clearly visible from the outside. The seed germinates in the coconut and then pushes out through one of the holes. However, only one seedling can grow at a time. There is no other type of reproduction. You can get a germinable coconut in a delicatessen store, for example. Then you need to do the following:
1After purchasing, you must first remove the fiber covering from the plant and then place the nut in a moist substrate. This must be at least 25 degrees Celsius. However, since this approach is quite difficult, the following alternative is available:
Pour hot water over the coconut so that half of it is covered with the water and then place it in a warm place. Here, too, there should be at least 25 degrees Celsius. Accordingly, the boiler room, for example, is ideal as a germination site. After that you will need a lot of patience.
2After about eight weeks, the seedling will become visible. You must now protect it from drying out. It must therefore remain in the moist substrate until the roots have grown through the hard shell. Only then can you plant the seedling with its shell in a larger container.
3When the time has come for transplanting, you need a planter that is quite high, because the roots of the coconut palm grow vertically downwards and therefore require a lot of space. Once a suitable container has been found, place the coconut either in substrate or in good potting soil mixed with sand. You are only allowed to plant half the nut. The upper half must therefore look out from the surface of the earth.
When transplanting, be careful not to damage the roots. In addition, you must not separate the shell under any circumstances, because it feeds the seedling.
- What is the basis of the calculus
- What are ionic liquids used for?
- How does reading improve your memory
- Why is the Indian mentality not changing
- How can the scanning electron microscope support the diagnosis
- Bite silverfish
- Science is a belief system
- How good an actor is Will Ferrell
- A liberal god would be ideal
- What is a T4C in government contracts
- What country called New York City
- What's the Most Valuable Sleep Hack
- Is Gordon from Sesame Street still alive?
- What is a scientific model
- Apple versus Samsung 1
- What are some major Chinese franchises
- How do I understand lighting in photography
- Where is rattan furniture made
- How can you prevent leaky gut syndrome
- What is a definite integral
- What is Marvel doing Marvel
- What is peace Does it exist
- How is social justice promoted through education?
- What's your badass song