Who needs graphic work
Job profile: graphic designer
The professional profile: graphic designer
Pretty much everything that consumers and users encounter in their everyday visuals comes from the pen of a graphic designer. Graphic designers are experts in everything related to the graphic design of advertising and communication media:
- Advertising Materials
- Social media and websites
All of this and much more bears the signature of the design experts. creativity is therefore at the top of the job profile. On the computer, they create the templates for designs that will later be used to print high-quality paper or advertising material. Sometimes they sketch the designs by hand.
Programming HTML codes is also no stranger to them. For example Websites to design, they must be able to develop individual pages. But none of this works without the necessary ounce Knowledge of human nature. Because graphic designers work on behalf of customers and their needs enjoy the highest priority.
In this respect, it is important to listen carefully when talking to the client. Sometimes the ability to read between the lines is also required. Not every customer can put into words exactly how they imagine the desired end result.
Has the order been discussed and are they Framework clarified, it comes first to the accounting, which is also part of the job. Graphic designer calculate costs for their order. Here are included:
- Own expenses
- material costs
- Any fees incurred - for example for image material purchased from agencies
If the client agrees, the experts prepare the first drafts. This is followed by a meeting with the customer, whereupon the graphic designer makes the desired changes and, on this basis, the so-called Final artwork makes. He then controls the production of the respective product, which can also take place externally.
Since the media landscape is growing by leaps and bounds, especially on the Internet, more and more are happening Fields of employment for graphic designers. The job profile is therefore one with good to very good prospects on the labour market. The Work life balance depends on the industry you work in, but is usually reasonably balanced.
How do you become a graphic designer?
The graphic design profession is not in a classic one dual education learnable. Instead, the creative experts learn everything they need for their future career at one Vocational school. The corresponding training lasts three years. The prerequisite is usually the secondary school leaving certificate, whereby each vocational school selects its own candidates.
In addition to the school content that is conveyed, internships are also part of the training. Here, the theory learned is implemented and applied in advertising agencies, for example. This also guarantees an initial overview of the structure and organization of a company.
The following content is on the school curriculum during training:
- Representation, illustration, conception and presentation techniques
- Design of print media
- Design of three-dimensional media
- Design options in the field of new media
- Still life
- Drawing architecture and nature studies
- Creation of illustrations
- Font forms and typefaces
- Camera technology
- Lighting technology
- Color photography
- Graphic design on the computer
- Creating layouts
- Special features in postpress processing
- Special features of cross-media production
- Analysis and development of advertising texts
- Interactions between image, sound and text
The school education ends with a final exam which includes a written, a practical and an oral part. The subjects of advertising theory and text, graphic design, typography, photo design and free drawing are examined.
Employer: Who is looking for a graphic designer
Graphic designers find employment with the following employers:
- Advertising agencies
- Media agencies
- PR agencies
- Graphic design offices
- Marketing departments of larger companies
- Printing houses
- Typesetting studios
Salary: What do you earn as a graphic designer?
Since the graphic designer training is a school education, flows in the first three years no Money in the account. School-based training is generally not remunerated.
The Starting salary of graphic designers depends - as with other professions - on region and the Size of employer from. On average, it ranges between 1,500 and 2,250 euros gross in the month.
With increasing professional experience, graphic designers can, after completing relevant further training, with an income of around 3,300 euros gross per month calculate.
Entry Opportunities: The Prospects for Graphic Designers
Graphic designers have good prospects at that labour market. As I said, career opportunities have multiplied, especially since the advent of the Internet. In this respect, it is precisely in this area that design experts can choose their jobs.
The print area is not as good. This has stagnated for some time, for example because many publishers, magazines and newspapers are struggling with falling circulations.
Application: How do graphic designers score
Even if trained graphic designers have good chances on the job market, they still have to show in-depth know-how in order to score points with an employer. What is it in the Application documents arrives:
- Completed school education
- Knowledge of human nature
- Quick grasp
- Psychological sense
- Consultant skills
- Pronounced creative skills
Career: The development opportunities as a graphic designer
Graphic designers suit many Career paths open, but these are usually associated with completing further training. That means in detail:
- State-certified technician for printing and media technology:State-certified print and media technology technicians are responsible for planning, controlling, monitoring and manufacturing various print products. Training at technical schools lasts two years full-time and three to four years part-time.
- Certified media specialist in print:After this advanced training, graphics experts can occupy a management position. The training lasts between five and 12 months full-time and between 18 and 36 months part-time.
- Certified industrial foreman specializing in print media: With the master's degree, graduates can train budding graphic designers themselves and even set up their own business.
If you want to go to university again after completing your school career, you have the following options:
- Media design
- Communication design
- Media studies
- What is Nolatreve Philippines
- When did you realize college was necessary?
- Is eating iboga dangerous?
- Can insects feel a touch of their body?
- Can I improve my personality through meditation?
- What happened to the validity of AMIE
- Are South Indians communists
- What does sunlight mean
- Forgetfulness is normal in humans
- How do I trade options
- Michael Owen was Liverpool's all-time striker
- What is ketamine used for?
- How would you describe vacation
- What is a unique way to undress
- Why are people always in heat
- Can tampons fall out
- How is dysphagia treated
- How to clean fishing reels
- 1099 contracts are common for startups
- Why won't there be another Warren Buffett
- How do lockpicks work
- SEO Tips for New Ecommerce Site
- Is representation just a substitute for democracy
- What is the decomposition of Fe3O4