What motivates kids to go to college?
All things new? This is how the move to a new school works
Moving, switching to a secondary school, repeating a year or even bullying - there is many reasonswhy kids have to move to a new school. The transition from primary school to secondary school in particular is a big step. Most children are excited to finally be among the "big ones", but they also need time to get used to the situation.
Those who change schools have to get used to new schoolmates and teachers. For some, there are other school subjects and a tighter schedule. To your child a wonderful start to school We have put together the best tips for you to make it possible.
4 tips: be well prepared for changing schools
All tips at a glance: Show
1. Take away fear of the new school
To practice the way to the new school together and offers like Trial days Noticing at the new school helps the children get in the mood for the first day of school. It is also helpful to speak positive about changing schools at home. What is your child looking forward to the most? Which subjects or working groups do you like? Talking about beautiful things increases the anticipation.
Sentences like: "If you go to high school now, you have to make extra effort!" unfortunately build up pressure and discomfort. Better: "You will learn a lot of exciting things at your new school!"
2. Start successfully
After the holidays, it's a great time to really get started. Especially at a new school - after all, there are no legacies waiting here. If you are clever now, you take advantage of the hour and work in class from the start - or at least pay attention, write with and reads the homework. The teacher will already remember that in a positive way. Promised! Great side effect: the learning material stays in your head better.
The new subjects and the amount of school material can be a bit intimidating when moving to secondary school. Lessons are more self-confident when children repeat important, basic content in the last few weeks of the holiday. It doesn't have to take up a lot of time: 15 minutes a day, in which you practice vocabulary or do mental arithmetic, is completely sufficient. Loved ones don't even need a desk for this: you can also do arithmetic while shopping or cooking.
Already knew? According to the study, learning while having fun, 45 percent of children have the most fun when they are allowed to study with computers, tablets or smartphones. At scoyo, Germany's number 1 learning platform *, is the subject matter of grades 1-7 in exciting learning stories packed - interactive exercises and tests consolidate the new knowledge. The learning content is based on the grade, type of school and curriculum of the federal state oriented - so your child will find all the topics they need.
With scoyo, don't miss any material despite changing schools:
If the performance in the first (half) year at the new school is a little worse: don't panic, this is completely normal. Children first have to get used to and familiarize themselves with, especially when new subjects and learning methods are added. It is important that parents have the Don't set expectations too high, Take pressure off your shoulders and positively support your offspring.
3. This is how it will be with the new classmates
Some children find their way around a new class community very easily. For others, the move to a new school gives them a few stomach aches. I will Find a connection? Are my classmates nice or will they annoy me? How is mine new class teacher? Here are some steps you can take to help your child not get discouraged by these worries:
- Openness: Encourage your child to to approach other children who are personable. First topics of conversation could e.g. B. be the old school or class or holiday experiences. You can even practice this with your child in advance by trying out a new playground together or attending a trial lesson in a sports club.
- Use existing contacts: Do old classmates or friends move with you to the new school? Excellent! New bonds can be made here during the holidays.
- Feel good: On the first day of school, it is best for your child to wear something in which they feel really comfortable. And a hearty breakfast together brings even the biggest morning grouch forward and strengthens you for the exciting day.
- The idea: The first day in the new class usually begins with a round of introductions. It can make you really nervous if you don't like speaking in front of large groups. Parents can casually prepare their kids for this by having a casual chat with them about their hobbies and interests in the morning.
Schools also know, of course, that switching to secondary school is a far-reaching change. Some support the acclimatization process Sponsors from higher levelsthat accompany the fifth graders in the first few days. Others plan a class excursion lasting several days at the start of school. This way, the kids get off to a good start in the new school, make friends quickly and also warm up to the teachers.
More information on starting school is available here! Listen now:
4. New school - new requirements
In addition to new classmates and teachers, new structures, teaching materials and performance requirements come up to the students in the secondary level. Here, too, parents can give their offspring a little help:
- Learning with a plan: Fifth graders are often not yet able to plan their learning time independently and to estimate it realistically. On a learning plan, children can write down exactly what should be learned when and, above all, how they will reward themselves for the work they have done.
- Homework routine: When switching to the secondary school type, the homework load increases. It helps to set a fixed time for completing schoolwork, in which the child should definitely have a say. Rituals like ventilating the room or eating an apple before going to work help get you in the mood.
- Play and relaxation are important after school, especially when the learning curve increases. With some exercise in the afternoon, your offspring can get rid of excess energy and clear their head. Even so, not every day should be planned with activities. Children also need time to "Just to play" → read here why.
- Right school? It is quite normal that the first few months at the new school are a bit exhausting. Around 90 percent of the children will have got used to the new situation and settled in by Christmas. It is best to observe your child in the first few weeks, listen and motivate them to talk about the school day. Is it fun? Does it show symptoms of excessive or insufficient demands? A conversation with the teacher around the middle of the first semester can bring clarity.
The most important: Parents should always affirm their child positively. That strengthens self-confidence!
* With over 3.6 million hours of learning completed, Germany's most popular online learning offer for children.
- What are the main consequences of landslides
- Why did China annex Inner Mongolia?
- Are infographics really a part of analytics?
- What is a direct appeal
- What are some famous sweets from America
- When do I stop being anorexic?
- What are ATGC Codes in DNA
- What was Quaid e Azam's mother tongue
- Google comes to campus in ceg
- Have a telegram channel
- Difference between virtual and real trading
- Will Trump get richer through his presidency
- Will hipmunk succeed
- What are runners and joggers
- Supports Andhra Bank PayPal
- Is it okay to drink when you are irritable?
- Where is Evernote's Singapore office
- How does technology help a small business
- In which countries is longline fishing practiced?
- How do I comfort a bereaved
- When was the first comic book published?
- How popular is Duterte with Filipinos
- What is useful in an elephant
- What are the fees of CAD and CATIA