Is OneDrive as good as Microsoft Office
Use OneDrive with Office
You can quickly open and save OneDrive documents right from your Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. If you also have the OneDrive desktop app installed on your PC (the OneDrive desktop app is included with some editions of Office), documents in OneDrive and Office are synchronized and you can talk to other people at the same time shared documents work.
How to save Office documents in OneDrive
Sign in to OneDrive when you install Office or directly from any Office app. In the top right corner of the app, tap or click Log In and then enter your Microsoft account email address and password.
Open the document you want to save to OneDrive, tap or click file > Save as, select your OneDrive, and then choose the folder where you want to save the file.
For information about creating Office documents with Office Online in OneDrive, see Use Office Online in OneDrive.
Windows 10, Windows 7 or Windows Vista
To optimize OneDrive for use with Office, make sure that the "Use Office ..." option is activated in the OneDrive settings.
Select the white or blue OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar.
(You may need to click the arrow next to the notification area Show hidden symbols click to the OneDriveIcon.)
Choose More > Settings out.
click on Office, and then select the check box Use Office to work on files with other people at the same time.
(In Windows 7 and Windows Vista, the check box is Use Office to sync files faster and work on files with other people at the same time.)
Note: If you are setting Use Office to work on files with other people at the same time If you deactivate, changes that you and others make to Office files are no longer automatically merged.
To see if the OneDrive desktop app is installed on your PC, do the following:
Enter on the home screen Programs and choose Programs and functions.
Look in the list of installed programs MicrosoftOneDrive. When you've found it, it means the desktop app is installed on your PC.
In Windows 8.1, you can install the OneDrive desktop app and enable a setting that allows you to edit OneDrive documents with other users at the same time using Office. Since OneDrive is integrated into Windows 8.1, no other desktop app features are installed. Download the free desktop app.
Save a file in Office for Mac
Sync documents with OneDrive (Windows Phone)
Office Mobile for Android smartphones
Install and set up Office on an iPhone or iPad with Office 365
Do you need more help?
Access the online help
Would you like to give us your feedback?
Switch to OneDrive UserVoice.
- Why don't you like pomegranates
- How am I supposed to see other people
- Is oil and gas falling under GST
- I suffer from depression
- What is prison abuse
- Why does Chelsea have no history
- Smoking affects the digestive system
- How good is Nexus 6
- Are you possessive
- What is the name of a group of sharks
- Add a phone number in Gmail
- Everyone has something they enjoy doing
- Does life ever get old in Dubai?
- How can I make a security camera
- When did you learn to be humble?
- Could we make water from different substances?
- What is orbital ferromagnetism
- What are some underrated places in Iceland
- How are Simmons electronic drum kits
- What do you think of Kavos YouTuber
- What is Typguss
- What is the melting point of mercury
- When there is a lasso mode in Inkscape
- Who carries out the ICAR UG examination