Is public WiFi really useful?
Use public WiFi networks securely
In general (even if you are not surfing via a public WLAN hotspot) you should always make sure that a website is encrypted. You can recognize this by the fact that the Internet address of the page begins with "https: //". The S is the decisive clue at this point. Many browsers also indicate encryption by green color or a padlock in the address line.
Depending on the configuration of the hotspot, your device may be visible to other participants in the same WiFi network. You could then access files on your smartphone, tablet or laptop without you noticing. You should therefore switch off file / directory sharing before dialing into hotspots, if it is active.
Devices usually save the networks to which they were connected at some point. This is used to establish a connection again the next time within range of the WLAN network, provided the WLAN module is activated. You should therefore switch off the WLAN module completely if you do not need it. Many smartphones, tablets and laptops offer the option of deleting saved networks in the network settings. You should do that too. Because the name of a WLAN is freely selectable. In this way, fraudsters could create a copy of a known public network. If your device dials into such a copied network, you can be directed unnoticed, for example, to harmful Internet sites.
With a VPN tunnel, the data is encrypted and sent through the open WLAN. There are basically two ways of using VPN. Many anti-virus programs offer special VPN programs or VPN apps that the user can install on the mobile device. The second option is for advanced users: You can encrypt your data via a VPN tunnel to your router at home. To do this, the VPN must be activated on the smartphone, tablet or laptop as well as on the "remote station" (e.g. your router at home). Roughly speaking, it then works in such a way that you exchange data between your end device and the remote station that cannot be read in the WLAN network. The remote station is your gateway to everything you do on the Internet.
- What is the most minimal font
- Why does Amazon give cashback for orders
- Why are dogs so rude
- Procedure to become a pilot
- What is the difference between pressure and force
- What is a vesting schedule
- What will concrete break down
- How to make pancakes 1
- What is the best headphones under Rs 1000
- Was Friedrich Nietzsche against science and innovation
- What is a list of free poetry competitions
- What is Australasia Immigration to Hyderabad
- What does your career mean to you
- How is IMS Proschool for CIMA
- How can QS be compatible with DevOps
- How do I write an HTML page
- What if you label someone ugly
- Where does postage come from
- What is an iterator in C.
- Why is my left nose bleeding
- How do I update my Medicaid information
- What are the advantages of oligopoly
- The nucleus remains intact in the plasma
- How should rice pudding taste
- What causes a stream to flow
- What makes CIA research credible
- What are Palomino horses characterized for?
- Who starred in the movie 12 Strong
- What kind of factory to start in Ahmedabad
- Work detox drinks from GNC
- What is the reason for the existence of ghosts
- How early people stayed hydrated
- What is Muscat famous for?
- Should I join JLL or Amadeus?