What is meant by exposure
Stress and strain
We generally equate load with load or pressure. A special kind is the psychological stress, which affects not only the mental and spiritual well-being, but also on the physical health.
What is meant by mental stress?
The totality of all external influences on people that affect the psyche is grasped under psychological stress. They are also called Risk factors designated for mental health as they weaken the mental immune system and make it more susceptible to stress and (mental) illness.
Such stressful factors are often found in the workplace in particular. For example, noise in the workplace has the same effect on the mind and body as it does time pressure, constant availability or frequent interruptions in the work flow - to name just a few examples.
The effects of stress
The effects of stress are expressed in stress. It usually shows itself through tiredness, lack of concentration or Irritability. Too much stress over a long period of time inevitably leads to illness. This has to do with the fact that we react to it with stress.
Stress is our evolutionary biological response to external pressure. It's kind of a protective mechanism. But the catch is that this protection is only intended as a short-term emergency system by the body. Stress is not there to keep us piling up in large quantities over the long term.
That doesn't always have to be bad. So a little stress can have an activating effect and improve our performance. This is then called eustress. Incorrect stress, i.e. distress, on the other hand, manifests itself in too little stress, which can lead to a bore-out, or too great and too long-lasting stress, which leads to burn-out. We feel this stress when the requirements at the workplace do not match the available resources.
Minimize stress and strengthen resilience
There will always be stress in the workplace. In essence, the work itself is a form of stress. So that this does not have a harmful effect on health, it is important to minimize the psychological stress in the workplace as much as possible.
On the one hand, this is the responsibility of the employer. By means of risk assessments, companies can identify the risk factors and thus initiate targeted countermeasures. In this way, risks are minimized precisely where they would be most damaging. This is how companies keep their employees healthy and productive.
On the other hand, every person can protect themselves individually against psychological stress - with one strong resilience. Because that is the inner resilience for dealing well with stress and its triggers. Stress is less dangerous for health if we do not even perceive it as such or if we actively act against it. With a strong resilience you minimize the risk factors and counteract stress and its effects.
Sebastian Mauritz, M.A. Systemic consulting, is one of the leading resilience experts in Germany. He is a five-time specialist author, keynote speaker, resilience trainer, systemic coach, board member in many coach and trainer associations and entrepreneur. His focus is on individual resilience and prosilience®, resilient leadership and team resilience. He is the initiator of the resilience online congress, during which he exchanges ideas with over 50 other resilience experts from various disciplines (www.Resilienz-Kongress.de).
- How does the muscle contraction behave?
- Why does anger flood
- How long should I cook popcorn
- How do you change your temperament
- Why do people join mosh pits
- Is naukari com good site for the job
- Does China have a skyscraper
- What is special about Virginia Tech
- How is absolute certainty achieved in mathematics
- Can your hand write in different fonts
- What is special about Kotlin
- Is the Chiari malformation completely curable in adults?
- Why has ISIS declared war on Hamas
- Which pump is used for water sprinklers
- How do you make a potato farm
- Is an author's life easy
- What is diagonal communication
- Why do many websites use CloudFlare
- Is vegetable a countable noun
- How long can a house frog live
- What are the Trancisco Labs interview questions
- What is the inmate classification system
- What does io mean in io games
- Why is compassion so powerful
- How to do a PhD in theoretical mathematics
- Can I personalize my SBI debit card
- What was the Cripps proposal
- Why is tuberculosis spreading?
- How to hide yellow teeth
- What is Bhagwan Lord Vishnu's full name
- What is the longest living being on earth
- Can energy drinks cause headaches?
- Where can you use diode and resistor
- What are the properties of laser light