What are the disadvantages of supercomputers
Researchers use supercomputers to work with enormous amounts of data, which they do at a high speed while generating increasingly large amounts of additional data, such as when scientists work on weather forecasts or simulate nuclear bomb detonations. The disadvantage is that supercomputers have to accommodate massive external storage drives whose bandwidth is fast enough to allow the data to be analyzed and generated. If storage space and bandwidth cannot keep up with the flow of data, the supercomputer will not be able to operate at full capacity.
Maintenance and support
Supercomputer systems are built by connecting multiple computing units and may require large rooms to store them. The large number of processors dissipate more heat than standard computers, which is a disadvantage because they require a cooling infrastructure. The supercomputer also needs software to monitor how it is being used and to detect failures and a greater than typical support staff to manage and assist the computer, its external storage and high-speed network.
Supercomputers that can simulate the location of potential oil resources or the progress of the various permutations of a hurricane system cost a lot of money, which could be a disadvantage if your organization is on a budget to operate. For example, an IBM Watson "supercomputer" costs about $ 3 million, according to Computerworld magazine. The Fujitsu K computer for the Riken Advanced Institute of Computational Science in Kobe, Japan cost $ 1.2 billion to build and requires $ 10 million per year for operating costs to the Atlantic.
Unlike ordinary desktop computers, which can end up calculating a problem in a few minutes or overnight, supercomputers work on tasks that require intensive calculations that can take extremely long periods of time. For example, a supercomputer could spend months performing calculations, assisting research on climate change, or helping cure a disease that presents a disadvantage to people who are in a rush for quick results.
- What can you do with Python
- Plastic is a good carbon sink
- Why can't I download the Nomao app?
- What are the facilities for a handicap
- Is Zoroastrianism a milder religion than Islam
- Is Fatima a Muslim girl name
- What do I have to offer God
- Which online jobs offer 4 5 daily
- Why is Tom Brady so polarizing
- What makes the Chainsmokers songs so catchy
- Is an act a law
- What is the bullwhip effect with examples
- Why did Eminem start rapping
- The original certificate is required for josaa
- Did Uber drivers choose their route
- Should a woman be afraid of menopause
- Defamation must be wrong
- What is a business model for wizards
- What are the symptoms of thyroid gland 1
- Has BPO career
- What do you do to stay focused
- What's wrong with Marvel
- What is daman
- AppDynamics will hold a public listing next year