Why is the right lung bigger?
How are the lungs built?
The human respiratory organ, the lungs, is located in the chest cavity (thorax) and is made up of two lungs. Because the heart is on the left side of the body, the left lung is slightly smaller than the right.
Each lung is divided into lobes by furrows. There are three lung lobes per lung on the right and two on the left. The individual lung lobes can be further subdivided into functional areas, the so-called lung segments. The diaphragm, which separates the chest from the abdomen, sits below the lungs.
The so-called lung pleura (pleura visceralis), a protective, thin skin is located around both lungs. Together with the pleura (pleura parietalis), which sits opposite on the inside of the chest and the diaphragm, the pleura ensures that breathing works. The fluid-filled gap between the pleura and the lung is called the pleural cavity or pleural space. The double layer of pleura and pleura is also known as the pleura
You can find out more about the function of breathing in Chapter "Breathing Mechanics".
The general structure of the lungs is reminiscent of an upside-down tree. Its trunk forms the windpipe (trachea), which divides into the two main bronchi, which in turn enter the two lungs. The main bronchi, in turn, continue to fork Bronchi and bronchioles, small branches in the Alveoli end up.
- Why did Tamil Nadu banned Hindi films
- How much do weeds cost in India
- Sovereign Default Can a country go bankrupt
- What should everyone stop doing
- Why did the Maratha Kingdom not annex Delhi?
- What do landlords think of the duplication of keys
- What is the traditional Mexican enchiladas recipe
- Sanskrit names for food
- Who are Workdays' top 3 competitors
- Why should I choose Democrat?
- How do metals react with water
- VAT applies to digital services
- What do Swedish clothes symbolize
- What do the interest rates relate to
- What are some very creative interpretations
- When is zero equal to something?
- How can I make a security camera
- Is Great Britain an ethnostat
- Where can I leave kitties
- Why did you choose a dental school?
- Can banks offer investment advice
- Is Spotify's dominance good for podcasts
- How does spiritual medical treatment work sometimes
- How many people invest in index funds