Can remove asbestos from your lungs
Asbestos: dangerous and still relevant
The guideline for asbestos exploration is also expressly aimed at tenants. Anyone who, as a tenant, is planning to carry out or commission work in an older building should coordinate this with the landlord, as well as any necessary asbestos exploration. It can make sense to have the landlord confirm in writing that the materials in question are asbestos-free.
What do you have to pay attention to when renovating or refurbishing?
If you plan to work on older buildings, you should first try to find out when the materials to be worked on or removed were installed. If this was the case after October 31, 1993, no tests for asbestos are required according to the new "Guideline for asbestos exploration for the preparation of work in and on older buildings". Occasionally, for example, materials containing asbestos were still used from residual stocks until around 1995.
The guideline was created by the Federal Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (BAuA) together with the Federal Institute for Building, Urban and Spatial Research (BBSR) and the Federal Environment Agency (UBA) and can be downloaded here: www.baua.de/dok/8836860 .
According to the new guideline, components that were installed before October 31, 1993 are considered to contain asbestos until the opposite has been proven ("reversal of the burden of proof").
In this case, you as a private person have two options:
1. You do not have an asbestos test carried out. You can do without this as a private person,
- if a low-emission method according to TRGS 519 / DGUV 201-012 is used for the renovation or refurbishment work, for example BT 30 "Drilling holes in walls and ceilings with asbestos-containing cladding ('drilling method with direct suction')". According to the guideline, low-emission processes can also be carried out by private individuals. You can find these procedures on the website of the Institute for Occupational Safety and Health of the German Social Accident Insurance.
- if all activities are carried out in accordance with the requirements of TRGS 519, assuming asbestos. These activities should be carried out by a qualified specialist company.
Danger: According to the guideline, the building rubble must be disposed of as waste containing asbestos in both cases!
2. You have the materials affected by the work checked for asbestos fibers beforehand.
- If the result is negative, i.e. no fibers have been detected, the work can be carried out in compliance with general occupational safety, in particular dust protection. According to the guideline, the waste does not contain asbestos.
- If the result is positive, i.e. the material contains asbestos, then you should commission a qualified specialist company that is approved for asbestos removal according to TRGS 519. Alternatively, certain work can also be carried out in compliance with TRGS 519 and the use of low-emission processes. The waste must be disposed of as waste containing asbestos in accordance with the guideline.
The following labeling can make an examination for asbestos superfluous: Some construction products such as pipes and panels made of fiber cement have embossed stamps that you can use to identify whether the product contains asbestos: Labeled with NT (new technology), AF (asbestos-free) or DIN EN 588 Products do not contain asbestos.
If a building authority approval number or a production date is embossed, it can be researched whether the construction product is asbestos-free. You can find the corresponding approval and approval registers (from 1968) on the website of the Fraunhofer Information Center for Space and Construction.
- Can remove Color Oops toner
- What is 1e 9
- The US Air Force has boats
- Humans are the ugliest species on earth
- How do you keep from throwing up
- Is digital marketing suitable
- Why do spiders look so bad
- How can I pass the 70 765 exam
- What file extension does WordPad
- Why is Standard ML not more popular
- What does September 2nd mean for you
- Is lipstick hot
- What is Applewoods Township in Bopal Ahmedabad
- Public transportation is good in Rajasthan
- What is a non-linear text
- Why were the Acadians independent
- What are the symptoms of thyroid gland 1
- What does the word cruel mean?
- What are the limits of duct tape
- Pops fever blisters unhealthy
- What is the speed of communication satellites
- Are there bets in football
- How did Joseph McCarthy die
- What is an oriental herbal nutrient