What is the EasyJets business model
PodcastFlightright founder: "The best paying airline is Easyjet"
When thousands of flights were canceled all of a sudden and the passengers' tickets became meaningless, the big hour struck: Passenger portals like Flightright were stormed by customers who wanted their money back from the airlines. Because their payment behavior had decreased massively in the crisis.
Within ten weeks, almost 50,000 cases came up at Flightright, which was founded ten years ago - many of which were quickly brought to court. The model of the portal and other comparable providers is simple: If you want to have your ticket reimbursed but do not want to take care of it yourself, you can enter your data on the respective website. If there is a claim, the portal takes care of it and, if successful, collects a commission.
"They used the passengers as a kind of compulsory lender," says Philipp Kadelbach, founder of Flightright, in the podcast "Die Null" (Capital, Stern, n-tv) about the airlines. Although the customer's claim is legally undisputed, many tickets have still not been reimbursed.
No understanding for Lufthansa entry
From the attorney's point of view, it is astonishing that the airlines proceed very differently. "The best paying airline is Easyjet," says Kadelbach. Large, high-priced providers such as Lufthansa, Air France or KLM, on the other hand, have "still not met the demands".
Even the state's involvement with Lufthansa did little to change this situation, and there was no pressure from politics. “From the point of view of the consumer platform, I have no understanding of this,” says Kadelbach.
From Kadelbach's point of view, his own business is likely to become more difficult in the future. The Flightright founder expects a permanent decline in air traffic and thus also a smaller market for passenger portals. However, it is to be expected that the airlines will be less accommodating in the future and will avoid reimbursing tickets or even paying compensation - which in turn would be good for his business model.
You can hear directly whether Philipp Kadelbach got his ticket costs back himself and in which areas his company would like to expand in the new episode of “The Zero Hour”Audio Now, Apple orSpotify or viaGoogle.
- Which are some important google urls
- What is your rating of English literature
- Role playing games are still popular
- What is IEnumerable in C.
- How to make 10N potassium hydroxide
- Most adults speak English
- Is content warming up good
- What would it take to travel back in time?
- Andrew Johnson has been removed from the presidency
- Is shorthand important? Are there any possibilities
- What are the best quotes from Malcolm Tucker
- How often do all planets align
- How do I open a Maytag washing machine
- Mass is a lot of
- Why does she avoid me online
- Is India really ready to fight China?
- Who rules which states in India
- Where do most of the Internet scams come from?
- Is Mesa Arizona dangerous
- What do winners think of Drueckeberger
- What are some examples of barbaric practices
- What is the density of the different materials
- How is India so tolerant of religion?
- How can autocratic leadership be avoided