Why do airplane windows have two panes
Do you know that, too? You look out the window on the plane and enjoy the view until you discover a tiny hole in the window and your heart slips into your pants just before shock. But do not worry, the hole is not dangerous. On the contrary.
Because although it is barely the size of a pin, the hole in the aircraft window plays an important role in the safety of the flight. Aviation experts call it "Breather Hole" and regulate the pressure between the inner and outer pane of the window - and thus ensure that only the outer pane gives way in the event of additional stress you can keep breathing.
Two reasons for the hole in the airplane window
There is also a second reason that is beneficial to all photographers among us. Thanks to the ventilation hole, the window pane does not fog up because the moisture can escape from the space between the panes. So perfect for snapshots of the (cloud) sea and the sunset. So nothing to worry about.
Continue reading after the ad
And why are airplane windows now round?
And while we're at it: Why aren't airplane windows actually square, like in houses? In fact, they were in the early days of aviation: But when commercial aviators became more popular in the 1950s and could fly faster and higher, there were two terrible incidents in which planes fell apart in midair.
The cause was the corners of the windows. Because: They are weak points where the tension is concentrated and which are weakened even more by the increased air pressure. If you are then repeatedly exposed to this, four corners in a rectangular window quickly turn into a hotspot.
In contrast, the tension in curved windows without any concentration points is distributed quite regularly. They are also more robust against the pressure difference between the aircraft cabin and the environment. That means: Less risk of cracks and broken windows.
- Who owns the Koch Industries share
- What is electronics like in the future
- Where can I learn the algorithm for advanced graphs
- Why do people need alcohol
- Is Wohoo milk skimmed off
- Pocket dimensions are possible
- How can I see my Instagram followers
- How is the Indian standard time calculated
- What are some creative ways of recycling
- Why is Mexican cheese tasteless
- What is your trading strategy for stocks
- A mental attitude can block its success
- Where can we use agile methods
- Is there really fear of success
- How are Block Bs fans called
- Why do people hate Kylie Jenner
- Have children reformatted the brain altogether
- Why was Sushma Swaraj included in AIIMS
- Why doesn't Joker publish in Varanasi
- How will Trump's tariffs affect foreign policy?
- Should you choose friends for your child
- How do I implement a semaphore
- We could clone money
- Does the universe really expand 1
- Can my sister take off her hijab
- Do our beliefs reflect our personality?
- What is an adaptive LMS filter
- At what level does NYU fall
- What is the Indian Forest Service
- Verified accounts are blocked on Quora
- How do you overwinter water lilies
- What is a load current