What is a Fatberg
A yellowish-white crater landscape, peppered with some greasy stalactites hanging from the ceiling: the canal workers of the water utility Thames Water are certainly used to a lot in the London underworld. But the 15-ton lump of fat that clogged the sewer system in Kingston must have been an impressive sight for them on their inspection tour of the sewer system.
It is true that larger accumulations of fat have to be removed from the sewer system again and again, but a single lump of this size has never been seen, the company said, almost fearfully. Probably the largest mountain in British history, according to a spokesman.
But now the subterranean something that Londoners now affectionately call "fatberg" is gone: painstakingly chopped up into transportable lumps and sucked out of the gully. The word liposuction takes on a whole new and much more original meaning here. The workers were on duty day and night, and yet they were busy for three weeks. The repairs to the sewer pipes damaged by the lump will continue for another six weeks.
Fatberg is recycled
The lump the size of a double-decker bus, an unsavory conglomerate of leftover food, paper and grease, had settled on the walls of the sewage system - because the residents were probably too happy to dispose of oil and leftover food in the toilet.
It wasn't found until the Kingstoners complained that their toilets were no longer working. Apparently just in time, because quite apart from the threatening stench, a clogged sewer could also have let untreated sewage escape on the surface. The result would have been streets and houses flooded with a foul-smelling and highly germ-contaminated liquid.
The future prospects of the Londoners are likely to be similarly unsavory for Londoners fatberg be. Because the waste company that took over the lump now wants to recycle it and put it to a sensible, albeit somewhat paradoxical, use. When the water has been extracted from the mass, the fats should be processed into biodiesel, fuel and, yes, soap.
- How to make the underscore symbol
- What career opportunities are there in philosophy?
- When will Bitconnect die
- Is aerial photography still illegal in Russia
- What is prison abuse
- How does downloading work for laypeople
- What are the skills that distinguish paralegal and attorney?
- What is the Jewish equivalent of Halloween
- What is 3A in Zug
- Which brands need to be rejuvenated in India
- Is lipstick hot
- Are micelles water-soluble
- Can kill nail polish dogs
- Will bring back Rail Gun battleships
- The CEO is always the founder
- Why IPV6 is faster on my router
- What is the NARI portal
- What if Nappa and Raditz were alive
- What do cake baking institutes teach
- What are the benefits of Moringa leaves
- What is Bhagwan Lord Vishnu's full name
- How can Dallas TX reduce traffic
- Do you believe in extraterrestrial invasions?
- What is an INRM coin