Is digital marketing suitable
How to move your company forward with digital marketing
Digital marketing is on everyone's lips - and the trend continues steeply in the direction of online communication and marketing. But which companies can benefit from digital marketing? The clear answer: every company. A strategy that suits you and your customers is crucial. Rushed individual actions and haphazard postings will not bring the desired success. It is therefore important to identify individual goals, channels and messages and to build digital marketing on them. Find out how you can use three questions to determine the direction of your digital marketing and what a corresponding strategy can look like.
These three important questions are crucial for your digital marketing strategy:
- What is my goal?
- Who do I want to address with what?
- Which marketing tool is the right one?
1. What is my goal?
The first step is obvious: ask yourself what exactly you want to achieve with digital marketing. Increased sales will be number 1 of the most frequently given answers - but there are clear differences here too. Should a new product or service be sold to existing customers? Would you like to generate new contacts that will become customers in the long term? Do you want to improve your company's image? Is it important to differentiate yourself more clearly from new or old competitors?
Even if a lot does not seem tangible in the digital world, it is important to set measurable goals. This is the only way to evaluate and adapt the various measures. Whether a 10% increase in sales, 100 new e-mail addresses or 35% more website visitors within a certain period of time - with a fixed goal in mind, it is easier to find the right marketing measures and to evaluate them later.
2. Who do I want to address with what?
Look at your target audience and think about how you can reach them. Ask yourself the following questions:
Depending on who you want to address with the help of digital marketing, the approach, content and channels that come into question change.
- Would you like to convince with expertise, hard facts and figures?
- Is it important to make the target audience feel good and communicate on a more emotional, personal level?
If you are unsure what your (potential) customers want from you, surveys or market analyzes can help. In order to better understand the target group, it can be helpful to develop a specific buyer persona. Instead of seeing the target group as a large, diverse crowd, develop a fictitious ideal customer with all his positive and negative characteristics, his individual expectations and fears. Picture this “fantasy customer” in as much detail as possible. This makes it even easier to put yourself in the shoes of your potential customers and to design digital marketing in the best possible way.
3. Which marketing tool is the right one?
Once the goals, address and content have been defined, the next step is to choose the right channel. The possibilities of digital marketing are great - and the industry is constantly changing. However, it is of no use to blindly jump on every trend and invest a lot of money in measures if they do not fit your own digital strategy. A cleverly thought-out marketing mix is the right solution here. The most enduring instruments at the moment are:
- SEO: Search engine optimization (SEO) helps potential customers find you online - exactly when they really need you.
- Social media: Social networks are a great way to present your company online and generate attention. Facebook, Instagram and Co. are equally suitable for B2B and B2C communication. Business networks such as XING and LinkedIn are particularly interesting if your target group is other companies.
- E.-Mail marketing: Mailings as part of campaigns and e-mail newsletters are ideal for providing existing contacts with new information and offers. The important thing here is the relevance of the emails - otherwise, like their analog counterparts, they will end up in the trash without being read.
- Advertising marketing: As in the offline area, advertisements can also be a suitable format in digital marketing to address interested parties. However, due to the large number of advertisements shown to internet users every day and the virtually infinite range of possible placements (search engine advertising, banner and display advertising), advertisements are only promising with very specific targeting.
- Content creation: Content creation is the area of digital marketing that is becoming more and more established as an alternative to classic variants. With unique content, whether as text, video or audio format, which is individually tailored to your company and your target group, you can achieve a wide variety of goals.
It is of no use to consider the various measures individually. Rather, you need a smart strategy to get the most out of the diverse possibilities of digital marketing. And the offline measures should ideally also fit into the overall concept. This creates a comprehensive content marketing strategy that you can use to spread content and gain new contacts.
Digital marketing in practice
What does a successful mix of measures for digital marketing look like in practice? Let's say your company specializes in the production of packaging. Its target group are small and medium-sized companies that package their goods themselves and send them to end customers. You would now like to position yourself as an expert in packaging that is individually tailored to the requirements of your customers - for example unusual formats, innovative materials or the like - and gain new customers. Your sales are mainly carried out through the classic field service: Your salespeople make appointments with the relevant decision-makers and visit them for a sales talk. A marketing strategy with a digital focus could include the following elements:
- Search engine optimization of the website: The existing company website is examined carefully. The focus here is primarily on optimization with regard to the important keywords. SEO ensures that internet users who are interested in packaging quickly become aware of your company. An analysis of previous user behavior shows where website visitors drop most often and where there is potential for improvement in the customer journey. Contacting us or requesting an offer should be as easy as possible.
- Creation of suitable content: You can put your specialist knowledge of the packaging industry to the test in a company blog and thus convince website visitors of your expertise. Regular posts on topics such as packaging trends, new materials, legal requirements or recycling reflect your bandwidth and expertise. Blog posts must also be search engine optimized. Blog posts are particularly suitable for addressing potential customers who are not looking for a specific product (i.e. already have the solution to their problem). Instead, you address readers who are still at the beginning of their research and want to find out more about a question or problem. Do not optimize the contributions (only) for special products from the portfolio (for example "insulating packaging made of straw"), but take the customer's perspective and refer to the possible question ("alternative to Styrofoam as a filling material"). A so-called keyword analysis forms the basis for your search engine optimized articles. This allows you to determine the qualitative and quantitative relevance of the search terms.
- Lead generation: In order to retain new leads and contacts in the long term and to be able to contact them if necessary, offer interested parties a bonus: In exchange for their e-mail address, users receive a checklist with which they can find out what to look for when choosing have to pay attention to their packaging.
- Dissemination of the content: You share the links to the posts on your company blog via your Facebook and XING profiles. Additional advertisements on Facebook and Google increase the reach, so that users can also be reached who are not actively looking for new packaging, but are still potential customers.
- Email funnel: The newly acquired leads can be addressed specifically by e-mail. With the help of an e-mail funnel, a pre-planned sequence of various e-mails that build on one another, you can automatically provide each contact with additional content and thus build trust in your company. The sales aspect still plays a rather subordinate role here. Only at the end of the funnel does the content become more promotional and target the reader's reaction and contact.
- Newsletter: A monthly newsletter, in which new blog posts or interesting articles are presented, ensures that your company is remembered by new and existing contacts, even when there is no acute need.
In order to measure your success, you can use website visits, abandonment rates, download numbers, likes and shares and, above all, the number of sales calls and deals at the end - and correct your strategy if necessary.
Structured digital marketing is becoming a sure-fire success
Setting up a digital marketing strategy initially appears complex - but the financial and time investment is worthwhile. Once a course of action has been established that works, digital marketing is almost a sure-fire success. You can get help from agencies or freelancers for the regular creation of content for blogs and newsletters. This leaves more time for you to concentrate on your day-to-day business and reap the fruits of digital work.
Photo source cover picture: © GaudiLab / shutterstock.com
- Do famous people have better love lives
- What are synovial fluid injections
- How are you today my friend
- Should airports in the US become private?
- Which company provides the recurring income
- What are some great unused words
- Who is the founder of Tron
- Is the Vivo Y21L a 4G phone
- How many actors have portrayed James Bond
- When did Geert Wilders Trump acquire hair
- How do you stop electronic harassment
- Removes caustic soda rust
- Where is hydrochloric acid found naturally
- Are there still ethics and morals
- How do you keep newspapers and magazines
- How does the muscle contraction behave?
- What is the formula of silver oxide
- Is yoga beneficial for children?
- Free Shopify Dropshipping Course 2018
- How do German employers treat mental illnesses
- What is BreadTube
- What is the best tutorial from Hibernate
- Is Elizabeth Warren versus Billionaires
- What is the influencing factor of IEEE