What are websites that do not use databases
Manage WordPress securely with phpMyAdmin
- Manage, secure and clean up your WordPress database.
- You do not need any programming knowledge for the basic functions of phpMyAdmin.
What is phpMyAdmin and what is it used for?
The phpMyAdmin tool is a web application for the Administration of the database management system MySQL. MySQL does not have its own graphical user interface and so phpMyAdmin is used to access the database management system. In phpMyAdmin you can easily create / delete tables, manage users or list data records without any knowledge of SQL commands.
phpMyAdmin as a graphical interface for databases in WordPress
Every WordPress website stores information and page content in databases. This happens automatically while you are working in the backend; however, you should take a regular look at your database to back it up and clean it up (saves space and improves loading times). For these tasks and for the general administration of your WordPress database, you use a graphical interface - with most hosters this is phpMyAdmin.
This is how you get to phpMyAdmin for WordPress in the hosting package
To access phpMyAdmin in the hosting package, log in using the customer login. Then go to the menu item Databases and web space and click on Database management. Now you can see your databases. Find your WordPress database and go to on the right manage. This will take you to the graphical user interface of your database.
Which functions does phpMyAdmin for WordPress offer?
In phpMyAdmin you can see the tables in your database in the left column. Are in it all information and data storedthat your WordPress website accesses to display content. In this view you can edit, delete or export individual tables. But be careful: In the worst case, incorrect editing can lead to the failure of the WordPress website. Which table contains which can be easily recognized by the name. If you have not changed the name of the database, the tables usually look like this: "wp _...". For example, in the table "wp_comments" you will find all comments on your site and in "wp_posts" you will find your created and published posts.
The user interface of phpyMyAdmin for managing a WordPress database
In the upper middle area of phpMyAdmin you call up further functions:
- Under Databases view general information about your database. click on Activate database statisticsto display further information on the used space of the database.
- click on SQLto independently execute SQL commands in the database. To do this, however, you should have at least a basic knowledge of SQL.
- With search search the entire database for a term. This can be useful when you want to delete certain content but don't want to click through all the tables.
- query creates special queries of the database with SQL commands. So SQL knowledge is required.
- Under Export you can export the entire database or individual tables. With this process you back up your database, for example on the local computer.
- With Import you can restore a database.
- Under Operations rename your database, create new tables and copy them.
- In the Routine function write a sequence of statements for the database in SQL language. For this you need programming knowledge.
Check databases automatically with phpMyAdmin
If you have no knowledge of SQL, you should only use the application for backing up and occasionally cleaning up the database and creating / maintaining tables. The article “WordPress Database” tells you how to back up databases and clean them up manually. The tables can also be cleaned up, repaired and optimized with just a few clicks.
Check, optimize and repair tables with phpMyAdmin
With phpMyAdmin you can also automatically check your tables for errors, delete unnecessary files and clean up any errors. With this automatic feature, you don't have to open every single table and check for unnecessary files and errors.
- Log into your STRATO account and go to the graphical interface of phpMyAdmin and from there to your WordPress database.
- Click on “Structure” to display all of your tables.
- Either you just select individual tables or you scroll down and go to Select all.
- To the right of that you can go to marked have the corresponding functions carried out.
- Choose Check tableto display errors.
- Choose Fix tableto fix bugs.
- Choose Optimize tableto delete unnecessary files.
- With phpMyAdmin you can manage databases without knowledge of the SQL database language.
- PhpMyAdmin in connection with WordPress is already available in your hosting package.
- Without any programming knowledge, you can only use phpMyAdmin for backups, for troubleshooting and for clearing up storage space.
- When did the Darknet start?
- How do others talk about you
- How would you explain cross-pollination
- How is winter in Tbilisi, Georgia
- Most adults speak English
- How can the scanning electron microscope support the diagnosis
- Is the USDA underfunded
- How am I an inventor
- Will Hollywood ever run out of ideas
- Do you have small boxes
- Who was the most inspiring Roman emperor
- How did Bardock travel back in time
- Is hydrogen a metal 1
- Can I lose weight without eating oats
- Why did Emmanuel Adebayor leave Arsenal
- How does project management help organizations
- Who can see my condominium security material
- What is a transistor amplifier
- How can I reduce my cheek size
- What other topics are you following
- How do you assess the independence of Kosovo
- What does an invoice amount include
- What label is Nicki Minaj on?
- Are car buying services worth the money