What time is it on the moon
Earth satellite : Why the moon doesn't set this Thursday
It happens again and again that the moon does not set or does not rise at all. How exactly does this phenomenon come about - and what is behind it? It takes about 29.5 days for the moon to circle the earth once. Normally we see the earth's satellite at night, i.e. whenever it is on the side of the earth facing away from the sun and our own location is facing away from the sun.
The reason that the moon does not set sometimes is due to the fact that the moon rises are shifted by about an hour every day. If our constant companion did not move, but stood firmly in the sky, he would go up and down in the same place every day.
But if one observes the earth satellite at the same time every day, one would notice that it is moving. He "flees" every day from the approaching horizon. Although this “overtakes” the moon again and again, it happens that the next day has already dawned and we don't see the moon going down today. For the same reason it also happens the other way round that the moon does not rise, because the times of the moon rise are also shifted.
The moon does not rise on June 2nd
In Berlin you can watch the phenomenon of the never setting moon next this Thursday. On March 22nd, at 8:43 a.m., the moon rises, but does not set. The next moonset is not until 0.18 a.m. on the following day.
In the weather box on page 2 of the daily mirror, there is therefore no time for the moonset to be seen, only an ellipsis.
The next non-rising moon can be seen on June 2nd. Since the moon does not rise until 11.39 p.m. the day before, it sets very late on June 2nd, namely at 8.02 a.m. Thus, the next moonrise will also move backwards and will not rise until the following day, the third of June at 12:20 a.m. So June 2nd will not have a moonrise.
For a long time, the moon was the clock for our calendar. Today we use a solar calendar to designate the date, the beginning of spring or the leap year, but in other cultures the year is still based on the course of the moon, similar to ours. If we did not have our constant companion, the earth would rotate about three times faster on its own axis, the storms on the earth would be stronger and the days shorter, because the gravitational pull of the moon has slowed the earth's rotation.
- Can I do astrophotography in town
- How is Staphylococcus aureus infection diagnosed
- What is Jiu Jitsu
- Why are docking adapters for spacecraft kinematically overloaded
- The earth is the only natural satellite
- What does mushrooms mean
- What is your least popular sports opinion
- What are some good email blasting services
- Why do animals vomit their food?
- Are there any ads on Spotify
- Which programming language is sufficient
- Why is computer programming necessary
- Who are the top techno artists
- How do new genes arise
- Content spinner software
- What are the best reggae dubstep songs
- What kind of magnets are in computers
- How is your hamster
- Google comes to campus in ceg
- How is cold steel made
- What is 111 0
- What gives more privacy to hotels or host families
- What are the newest topics in philosophy
- Can dolls be afflicted