Why do I forget words so much
brain researchIf us Words Not come to mind
"The word is on the tip of my tongue," we say when we can't think of a word. Neuroscientist Henning Beck explains how the tip-of-the-tongue phenomenon comes about.
Frustrating: We know something, but we cannot call it up in our brain. Neuroscientist Henning Beck explains that the phenomenon must be differentiated from forgetfulness when, for example, we definitely no longer remember events. With the tip-of-the-tounge phenomenon, we know that the information is stored in our brain, but we cannot access it.
When it hooks over the left temple
Psychologists at the University of California, Los Angeles have investigated which region of the brain plays a role in memory. They published their study in the Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience. This is a front area in our brain, explains Henning Beck. Everyone can feel the region. It is located on the front left side of the head between the eyebrow and the hairline, slightly above the temple. This region is responsible for ensuring that the information stored in our brain can also be called up, i.e. spoken out.
If that region is not working properly, it will be difficult to get the information. In their study, the scientists write that stimulating the region with electrical surges improves people's ability to remember things.
Current pulses help with information retrieval
In their study, the researchers divided people into two groups. They were shown words on a computer screen to remember later. In one group, the scientists stimulated this brain region. And then it was always easier for these test subjects to remember words. In the study, the scientists "found a significant effect," reports the neuroscientist.
"The more current in the brain, the better the memory."
Henning Beck mentions other, more everyday methods of activating this region: Sport helps to improve the activities in this region. Studies have shown that, says the neuroscientist.
"If you don't remember names, you can help your brain by going through different initials."
Another possibility is to go through the alphabet in order to come up with the first letter of the name that cannot come to mind, suggests Henning Beck. So you can "give the brain a helping hand".
"Even if you think that the brain doesn't think, the brain thinks further."
Sometimes it also helps to stop brooding and research in the brain, but to stop dealing with the topic and think of something else. The brain continues to deal with the unsolved problem and sometimes the solution suddenly comes around the corner.
- When do you go on vacation at the LPU?
- Are explosions real in movies
- What is CrowdStrike
- What does 7x7 do 7x7
- What happens when BTC is fully supplied
- Why did Tamil Nadu banned Hindi films
- Which word has four time letters O.
- What is the Tamil translation for passport
- What is Jenny McCarthy's IQ
- Did JFK prefer to be called Jack?
- Good indie rock music
- How do I become an anesthesia technician
- What are some sustainable environmental projects
- Is Ca OH 2 an alkali
- What is the Conservative Vox
- What kind of waves can be disturbed
- What is our responsibility for poverty
- Austin Texas is in a drought
- How is hypnosis
- Is a coke mixture or a solution
- Trump would win another election
- Can live a question without a topic
- What is it like to meet Emma Watson
- How is Goqii Fitness Bands