Was Turkey part of ancient India?
The second siege of Vienna in 1683 ushered in the collapse of the Ottoman Empire. By the beginning of the First World War, it was to lose almost all of its areas of influence. During the war, the Ottoman government saw the chance of a reconquest. The empire lost the war, however, and the Republic of Turkey took its place.
is a journalist and studied political science, history and international relations in Trier and Istanbul.
The fall of the Ottoman Empire (& copy Kämmer-Kartographie, Berlin 2014)
For a gallery view of all maps of Turkey, please click here.
The Mongol invasion in 1402 only briefly halted the expansion of the Ottoman Empire. A flowering phase followed and domination Süleymanns the Magnificent, whose reign is often transfigured in today's Turkey. During this time, the 16th century, the expansion of the Ottoman Empire reached its climax: in 1529 the Ottoman Lord had subjugated the entire Balkans and besieged Vienna. However, technical backwardness, stagnating trade with India, corruption and uprisings and rural exodus made themselves felt already during this time, all of which led to a weakening of the empire.
The second siege of Vienna in 1683, however, ushered in the disintegration of the huge empire: the European powers once again faced the threat of an Islamic army. As a result, the Ottoman Empire fought on several fronts simultaneously against Austria, the Republic of Venice and Poland-Lithuania. The Russo-Turkish War between 1768 and 1774 finally sealed the decline of the empire. As a “sick man on the Bosporus”, the empire ultimately entered World War I alongside the German Empire, also because the ruling Young Turks saw the war as an opportunity to recapture lost territory. With the First World War, the German as well as the Ottoman Empire came to an end. The Weimar Republic and the Republic of Turkey took their place.
Map: disintegration of the Ottoman Empire
This map is protected by copyright. You can use this card for classroom use. For more extensive use or to print the card, please contact Dr. H.-J. Kämmer, Berlin, kartographie-kaemmer.de.
- How is cold steel made
- How can I use VPN over SSH
- How is the life of the Indians in Brisbane
- Is Salman Khan a hunter
- Who diagnosed schizophrenia
- Why do we have to be good
- Stretch after your workout
- What did AI stand for?
- Has Marxism become a religion?
- What is the advantage of the floor construction
- Who leads the perfect government
- What are the correct uses of though
- Should I forgive him for cheating?
- How are pop songs written these days
- Supports Amazon Kindle Indian languages
- How do I chat using online messengers
- What is a species of plant
- How does Mosquitron work
- Good cheap health insurance is the VA
- Is Bill Withers a good guitarist
- What does the Blu-ray + DVD combination have
- What popular startup advice is just wrong
- How can exposure to sunlight affect your microbiome
- How do you make a mess