The iTunes App Store is easy to use
Comparison: The main pros and cons of iOS and Android
iOS users appreciate the clarity and ease of use of Apple's mobile devices. Convinced iOS customers who do not want any major changes but rather easy-to-use functionalities will always find all functionalities in the same place when switching between different Apple devices. This is rarely the case with Android products.
IOS 7, which is currently being tested in a beta version, is expected to come onto the market in autumn 2013. This new version will greatly change the look of the Apple platform. Jonathan Ive, Apple chief designer, announced at the Apple developer conference WWTC, for example, the abolition of imitated natural surfaces (skeuomorphism) in the graphics of the operating system. You can read a report on the current status in our message on iOS Beta 4.
The Android tablet Nexus 7
Image: teltarif.de On the Android side, Google is always working on the design of the system. But the manufacturers often rely on their own interfaces. Some of these differ significantly from Google's original Android design. The market has developed in such a way that the individual smartphones within a performance class have quite similar values, but differ significantly in terms of functions and design of the surface. Users can also install alternative launchers.
Selection and fine-tuning of apps
Android fans appreciate the multitude of apps available in Google's Play Store. Alternative app stores can also be used. On the other hand, iOS users can only access the offers of the iTunes app store. The sheer number of apps available does not say anything about their quality.
However, it is easier to fine-tune apps with a manageable number of iOS-operated Apple devices than with the multitude of mobile devices that come from a wide variety of manufacturers. A number of iOS apps are also adapted to tablet size, while a number of Android apps are not adapted to the larger tablet screens.
Android differs from iOS not only in the often cheaper apps, but also in the additional widgets that are available in window form, for example, informing about the time, weather or date or providing a notepad. Apple does not use widgets in the new iOS 7 version either.
iOS and Android devices do not differ fundamentally in terms of the functions that can be carried out. The main differences lie in the way it is operated, with which iOS appears to be a bit more user-friendly to some users. Android, on the other hand, scores with greater design options that the surface allows.
Apple's control of its iOS platform is very strict. This, however, enables features to mostly work as intended - this is not always the case with Android. Apple always tries to make operation as easy as possible. This justifies the higher prices, especially for long-standing Apple customers, as has been shown on the occasion of past product launches from the Apple group. At the same time, the price-performance ratio remains to be questioned critically even with Apple devices.
Most everyday tasks can be carried out by users on both systems without any problems. Those who already have paid apps will usually stay true to their system. Ultimately, it depends on the personal requirements and also on the individual design taste of a user whether he decides on an iOS or an Android product.
- Is alcohol allowed in Kodaikanal
- What is Saint Louis University known for?
- Enlightenment means 100 access to the brain
- What makes galaxies soar in space
- What is ICOCoin from BTC China
- What's your secret to happiness
- Can you be a scholar in science
- Can be eaten fish with radish
- Visa was recently hacked in May 2011
- What are the extreme points of ISRO
- How was your experience with Strava
- How is life after B Tech
- What is the scientific name of QUINCE
- What is the Indian Navy donning properly
- How do I block incoming VoIP calls
- If the payment is started during the training in SSB
- Are psychopaths interested in psychology
- What is the significance of certified letters
- Tape can get wet
- Justin Trudeau is a psychopath sociopath
- What is meant by true love
- Which country has the highest network connection
- How can I develop original business ideas
- Is the K L University better than CBIT
- Is Dropbox an FTP
- Why is there any kind of dynamism
- What's your favorite song from 1999
- What is something that nobody is bad at
- What is a digital leader
- Should celebrities make comments on politics
- What do you think of the Vietnamese bolero
- How do I start a video
- How long is the Billie Eilishs tour