Do companies outsource their risk management?
Risk management - the fire as a risk
Risk management means that the company recognizes threats, dangers and risks at an early stage and minimizes or even avoids any damage that occurs.
Risks can lurk everywhere in a company, be it economic risks, technical risks or legal risks.
Fires in particular can pose a very high corporate risk, as the subsequent business interruption means that no money is being made and one has to access the company's reserves.
In the years 2013-2018, fires and explosions made up around 40% of the total value of all damage, which cost insurers around 14 billion euros.1 However, the number of unreported cases is much higher because not every company is insured.
Due to the implementation of certain EU directives, more and more attention is paid to fire protection in relation to occupational safety, as there are, for example, newer and better directives on how to store explosive substances or highly flammable substances. As a result, fewer accidents / fires occur.
Despite all this, many companies are still very critical of the topic of fire protection, as the provision for a seldom occurring event is associated with high costs and you ask yourself whether it is worth investing in fire protection. Or you run the risk of suffering damage from a fire.
A classic part of fire protection in connection with risk management is preventive fire protection and the behavior of people in the event of a fire. Procedures and behaviors are specified in operational fire protection by means of fire protection regulations.
- What does Xe stand for in chemistry?
- How does Whatchamacallit Candy taste
- How do we decide what is ethical
- What makes a bottom writer
- Is LiOH a strong or weak base
- You can call your child a doctor
- Which skills are important to create wealth?
- How to say mouth in Esperanto
- How reliable is a Hyundai i10
- All were veteran presidents officers
- How can I do an internship at a startup
- What is style in street photography
- Where can I learn OBIEE online training
- Can a person with glasses join the defense?
- Has God given up his creation
- Is AlCl3 basic or acidic
- What does it mean to react
- What is a retention fee used for?
- How hot are children born in 2005?
- What are some examples of gamma radiation
- Relative error means a fractional error
- Are infographics really a part of analytics?
- 10 books that should be read
- Would a fox eat dog food