The iPad is viewed as a mobile device
Set up a personal hotspot on your iPhone or iPad
With a personal hotspot, you can share the mobile data connection of your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) when you do not have access to a Wi-Fi network.
Set up personal hotspot
- Go to Settings> Mobile Network> Personal Hotspot or Settings> Personal Hotspot.
- Tap the slider next to "Allow others to access".
If you don't see the Personal Hotspot option, check with your wireless service provider to see if you can use Personal Hotspot with your plan.
Connection to the personal hotspot via WLAN, Bluetooth or USB
You can connect to a personal hotspot via WiFi, Bluetooth or USB. And with iOS 13 or later, devices connected to a personal hotspot will maintain that connection even if the screen is locked. So these devices will still receive notifications and messages.
Here are some tips on how to do it.
When a device connects to your personal hotspot, the status bar turns blue and shows how many devices are connected. The number of devices that can be connected to your personal hotspot at the same time depends on the specifications of your network operator and your iPhone model. If other devices have connected to your personal hotspot via Wi-Fi, you can only access the Internet from the host device using the cellular data connection.
How to connect to your device:
On the device you want to connect to, go to Settings> Cellular (iPhone) or Cellular Data (iPad)> Personal Hotspot or Settings> Personal Hotspot, and then make sure you that this is activated. Then check the phone's WiFi password and WiFi name. Stay on this screen until you've connected your other device to the Wi-Fi network.
On the device you want to connect, choose Settings> Wi-Fi and find your iPhone or iPad in the list. Then tap the appropriate WiFi network to connect to it. When prompted, enter the password for your personal hotspot.
To make sure your iPhone or iPad is visible, go to Settings> Bluetooth and stay on this screen. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on your Mac or Windows PC to connect to a network using Bluetooth. Learn more about how to use your personal hotspot with Bluetooth here.
The personal hotspot supports Bluetooth connections with Mac computers, Windows PCs, and other third-party devices. iOS devices can only be connected via WiFi.
Have your family join automatically
You can set up Family Sharing so that your family can automatically join your personal hotspot without entering the password. Proceed as follows:
- On your device with a personal hotspot, go to Settings> Personal Hotspot> Family Sharing.
- Enable the "Family Sharing" option. If you don't see this option, learn how to set up Family Sharing.
- Tap each family member's name and choose whether they need to request approval or automatically join the personal hotspot.
To disconnect a device, turn off the personal hotspot or bluetooth, or disconnect the USB cable from the device.
Set or change the WiFi password
When setting up a personal hotspot, you need to set a WiFi password. To change your Wi-Fi password, go to Settings> Mobile Network (iPhone) or Cellular Data (iPad)> Personal Hotspot or Settings> Personal Hotspot, then tap WiFi password. *
Choose a WiFi password that consists of at least eight ASCII characters. If you use characters other than ASCII, other devices will not be able to connect to your personal hotspot. Non-ASCII characters include Japanese, Cyrillic, and Chinese characters, and characters from other languages. The ASCII characters include:
- all capital and small letters of the German alphabet (except ß and umlauts)
- all digits from 0 to 9
- some punctuation marks
* If you change your password, all connected devices will be disconnected.
- What is the cure for chronic psoriasis
- What is the Java applet attack vector
- Allah SWT sends us another book
- What do non-Australians know about Australia
- What interested you in crypto currency?
- Ping uses a DNS cache
- What has changed for the Muslim community
- What is Mumbai for you
- XXXtentation has another album
- What is the need for organic evolution
- How do I stop craving approval
- What do you like about Great Britain
- Is there a Clash Royale cheat code
- Why did Carmelo Anthony choose number 7
- What is space-time isotropy and homogeneity
- Are there websites with sensory processing disorders
- When do our eyes develop fully
- What are some brands of wine without sulfites
- Would you date a Trump supporter
- Why was the Nanda dynasty so rich
- What is Saint Louis University known for?
- Why won't robots take over
- Should be considered dubstep as good music
- What's your rating of Rajiv Dixit
- PayPal protects my privacy
- Who is the Indian Coal Minister
- What is Insights Tree
- Why is Perl widely used in bioinformatics
- Most CEOs come out as insincere
- What animal does Dracula transform into?
- What language is used in Madhya Pradesh
- What are some causes of anxiety
- Would you please rate my English pronunciation