Are OMR and OCR sheets the same?
Form Recognition Service - OMR or Form Reading
Our data center also offers the "form reading" service in its range of services: The use is implemented with the help of ABBYY FormReader and a high-performance scanner with automatic sheet feeder.
The Moscow software company ABBYY delivered the current version of the FormReader in German in autumn 2005. ABBYY FormReader version 6.5 is a form processing program for automatically capturing data from forms and other printed documents and exporting them to information management systems and databases. See also: http://www.abbyy.com
FormReader uses the advanced recognition technologies from ABBYY and captures and reads machine writing (OCR = "optical character recognition"), handwritten letters and numbers (ICR = "intelligent character recognition"), marking characters (OMR = "optical markup recognition") and barcodes (OBR = "Optical barcode recognition"). The program is therefore suitable for processing various types of forms. This service is primarily of interest for all types of multiple-choice tests and surveys that cannot or do not want to do without the paper form.
This system has already been used for various exams at our university. For the sake of simplicity, suitable templates - here separate universal answer sheets - are used, such as those shown in the picture.
This template is analyzed with the system and divided into various transfer characteristics. These can be barcode or machine texts, handwritten single letter combinations (such as names or dates) and single or group marking blocks. Single and multiple answer options ("single" or "multiple choice") can be used side by side. Tied to this strict assignment, the system now analyzes the document stacks supplied without any major administrative effort. An ODBC client, such as a database, or an Excel table can serve as output here.
MS Excel can now easily evaluate the data obtained and provide a problem-specific evaluation of the data that was previously available in paper form.
The range of services offered by the data center extends here - as usual - to the free availability of the system including a ready-made template; instruction and training in the operation of the system. This takes place as part of the course "Services on the RIO and WWW for multipliers (60406, SS05)" or, if there is sufficient demand, by agreement with the responsible contact person in the data center:
Room RZ 01.05, basement
Telephone 0941 943-4883
- Can a low IQ be inherited?
- Quora is only available in India
- What are solar energy parameters
- Which is the best fantasy sports website
- Who is the average Indian
- Should I learn all PHP frameworks CMS
- How is net neutrality enforced
- What business did Gandalf have in Moria?
- What are the best Indian books
- The dinosaurs yelled
- How did the Nazis recruit soldiers
- When was the first bicycle built?
- What does sal mean in the bible
- Why are people born unequal?
- What are houses in astrology
- What is 8 8 20
- What if the world didn't make music up
- How do I crack the MBA entrance exam
- How does erosion affect plants?
- Does my food in Japanese
- How do I reduce my pores
- Which films contain songs by Taylor Swift
- Would you make videos on YouTube
- What does Tokyo mean in English