How can I avoid dry hands?
How do they become velvety soft?
The hands are constantly stressed and their skin dries out quickly. This leads to feelings of tension and cracking. How does the skin on the hands stay soft and supple?
How do you recognize dry hands?
The skin on the hands is too dry if it is dull and rough to the touch. You may feel tension and itchiness. In cold temperatures, the problem worsens and you notice flaking - when you rub your hands, small pieces of dead skin come off. Sometimes the skin is reddened and in some places it pulls back until painful fissures form: the cracks. These can be really painful. Atopic skin is also more likely to develop eczema with irritation and itching.
Atopic dermatitis: what is it?
Atopic dermatitis is an inflammatory disease that often begins in childhood and mostly goes away in adulthood. However, this is not always the case. It manifests itself as eczema flare-ups with redness, dry skin, crust formation, pruritus (itching) and other symptoms. The hands and other areas of the body (especially the folds of the body) are affected. Atopic dermatitis is often associated with allergy and / or asthma. To treat relapses, moisturizing and emollient creams (based on the patient's age) must be used. The allergist may be able to prescribe antihistamines until the relapse has passed. Proper treatment of the skin is important because, in addition to the discomfort, the injuries and scratching can encourage colonization with the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus.
Why do hands dry so quickly?
The hands are exposed to all sorts of influences from morning to evening. Sun, cold, moisture, dryness ... they come in every form.
In addition, the hands are active all day and we have to wash them several times a day. Indispensable for hygiene, but associated with undesirable side effects: water and soap have a tendency to destroy the natural hydrolipid film that protects the skin from drying out. After all, cleaning products and other cleaning products are big enemies for dry hands. They are often aggressive and degreasing and not only scrub the floors but also the hands. The skin quickly loses its natural moisture.
How can you prevent dry hands?
Avoid water containing lime:
The first thing you should know is the hardness of your water. This is sometimes on the water bills. But there are also special sets to buy in hardware stores or in specialist gardeners. If your water is very hard, consider getting a water softener. Your dry hands will benefit as much as your household appliances!
put on gloves
As soon as you dip your hands in water to which you have added detergent, the skin becomes irritated. Even if you don't want to waste time: It is worth taking a few seconds to put on latex gloves before washing, cleaning or washing the dishes. You could also do without most of the chemical industrial cleaners when cleaning and instead choose natural, equally effective products, such as white wine vinegar or baking soda.
As soon as it is cold you should wear gloves outside. This prevents cracks and cracks.
Always dry hands carefully
Whenever you wash your hands, you should always dry them carefully, including between your fingers. The moister the skin, the faster it dries out! Avoid excessively abrasive cosmetic products and prefer mild soaps or detergents that are less likely to damage the hydrolipid film on your hands.
How are dry hands treated?
Dry hands require special care in order to avoid discomfort and premature skin aging.
Exfoliate twice a month to remove dead skin cells. This allows your moisturizer to work better.
Apply hand cream
Using a moisturizer regularly is very important. However, it shouldn't be used too often or your skin will stop producing that famous hydrolipid film on its own that is so important to its health. This protective layer is made up of various substances such as sebum, sweat, keratin and dead cells, all of which have a slightly acidic pH.
When should a hand cream be used?
Only apply hand cream at certain times of the day: for example, once in the morning before you go to work, after you shower, and in cold weather, before you go out. In the evening, choose a special nourishing cream for dry skin that unfolds its effect at night when your hands are relaxed.
There are creams for skin repair and wound healing that work wonders on severely irritated or cracked skin. Make sure you choose high-quality products that contain ingredients that are as natural as possible, such as almond oil, argan oil or avocado oil, honey or shea butter. You can find products for the care of dry hands on the Cocooncenter website.
Protect your hands from the cold and external influences! Some prevention tips and selected care products will help you keep your hands soft and supple.
The three most important things to know about dry hands:
- Always remember this natural protective barrier, the hydrolipid film of your skin: It protects your hands from drying out. So take care of him!
- Regardless of your skin type, dry hands benefit from moisturizing and nourishing creams.
- If you have eczema on your hands, see a dermatologist or allergist to identify a possible food or contact allergy that is compounding the dry skin problem.
- What are the best futures to trade
- Why is Inception not possible in reality
- Which Android game is draining your battery
- Which cities have the most Asian restaurants
- Why are PL mount lenses so expensive
- Who is the friendliest Bollywood actor
- Ubuntu cannot be installed alongside Windows 7
- Make tech companies drug test
- Which girl should I never date
- How does technology create new skills
- How do camels hold back water so well?
- Has Quora click farms
- When was the USA born?
- Is there a DVD burner for Chromebook
- What are your tips for growing melon
- If vortioxetine discontinuation occurs abruptly
- When was aluminum foil invented?
- What is an iterator in C.
- Can Futura be used for commercial purposes
- What is a static property in Objective C.
- Which mechanism is involved in dialysis?
- Can the Electroneum crypto currency become the next Bitcoin?
- Why Are Some Americans Against Multiculturalism
- How old is Plone