Oysters transmit human parasites
Rising number of cases: when worms eat their way into the human brain
In the recent past, an insidious worm has plagued residents and visitors to the islands of the remote US state of Hawaii.
In the past three months alone, the US health authorities reported six patients with rat lungworms (Angiostylus cantonensis). Only two diseases had been observed in the entire past decade.
What is worrying about the infections is the sometimes excruciating course of the infestation: although many people can get rid of the animals without symptoms, in particularly bad cases the parasitic larva of the worm works its way into the nervous system and into the brain of the infected. A kind of meningitis develops, which causes severe headaches, tremors, numbness and fever. Some patients die from the disease.
Larvae in the feces of rats
The main host of the nematode is the rat. It distributes the larvae of the parasite in the environment through its excrement; Snails, crabs, crabs, fish and frogs ingest the worm larvae and also contribute to their spread. If people come into contact with contaminated fruit and vegetables or with the animals mentioned above, infection can occur.
In the online portal “Honolulu Civil Beat”, a sick person describes the “horror of rat lungworm disease”. After the 47-year-old had been treated unsuccessfully for flu for several days, the doctors were able to make the correct diagnosis.
- What is the worst software for data science
- Where's Steve Miller Band
- How do I increase brand awareness
- Where can I download beautiful wallpapers
- Who helped Aurangzeb catch sambhaji?
- What do you know about Google AdSense
- What is edward in chinese
- What acting performances have changed your life?
- How did the Nazis recruit soldiers
- How are warships propelled
- Are Azerbaijan and Eastern Armenia synonymous
- Will a DUI ruin my career
- Do the French have Christmas trees
- What is the science of making missiles
- How do I create business statistics
- Why do belt roses always have painful blisters
- What is learned from the economy
- How has social media changed your focus
- What foods do Indians dislike?
- Political correctness is oppressive
- Cuddling a dog causes behavior problems
- What is the quality of Westinghouse televisions
- What is the patient experience
- Why are most anti-vaxxer women 1
- Are old Britannica encyclopedias worth anything?
- What are some unspoken rules among Catholics
- What is the full form of EPS
- Boris Johnson makes you nervous
- What are the symptoms of heart block
- Who are the best venture capital partners
- What is SQL Injection in C.
- What is the best chewing gum
- How do I switch my career to Java
- How does activated charcoal toothpaste whiten teeth?