How Forum SEOs Drive Traffic
Increase online shop traffic: How to increase the number of visitors to your online shop
You have finished your online shop but hardly any visitors? We will show you efficient methods of how you can target visitors to your shop and thus increase online shop traffic. Because in the end, more visitors also mean more sales.
What are the ways to increase traffic?
Basically, you first have to understand the different types of traffic there are. You can then use this to work out ideas and strategies for improving your performance.
- Direct traffic: The visitors go directly to your page by entering your URL in the browser.
- Organic traffic (SEO): The online shop is found via a search engine without you having to pay for it.
- Paid Search Traffic (SEA): You place paid advertising, e.g. via Google Ads or Google Shopping, so that you appear at the top of a search engine.
- Paid social traffic: You place advertising on social media, such as Facebook or Instagram. The difference to search traffic is that products do not have to be actively searched, but are shown directly to the desired target group.
- Organic social traffic: Users can find your page on social media and come to your shop without having to pay for it.
- Referral traffic: Visitors who came to your online shop via links from other websites or media.
- Email traffic: Visitors who came to your page by clicking links in emails.
Increase online shop traffic with SEO
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), or search engine optimization in German, aims to appear organically at the top of the search results of a search engine for the right keywords. Nowadays it is more and more difficult to obtain free traffic for smaller online shops, especially due to the strong SEO competition. Because for each search query on Google, only ten organic search results can be seen on the first page.
Studies have shown that only the top entries get the majority of all clicks. Almost 60% of all organic clicks are in the first position. With around 15%, the second position only receives a quarter of the clicks in the first position. If you don't make it to the first page, you are practically invisible. MyCOMMERCE offers you the opportunity to get the best out of here. Take a look at our help center.
Write product descriptions
Make the experience a pleasant one for your potential customers and write unique product descriptions that offer real added value. Google will reward you for it. But you should definitely avoid these 3 things:
- Copy & paste of product descriptions
- The artificial inflation of the texts and descriptions with search terms for which you want to rank.
- Don't just rely on SEO
Paid search traffic
Google dominates the search engine market. Most searches start on Google. For this reason, it can be worthwhile to advertise your products there. Check out more information about Google Shopping here.
Social media: How important is social media for my shop?
Social media is also an important channel for online trading in Switzerland. Whether Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest - more and more brands and shops are selling directly or indirectly via social media. This is also confirmed by a study by eMarketer published in April 2019. This is especially true for Instagram, because while Facebook is still the front runner, Instagram is enjoying growing popularity. Create a profile for your company on all relevant social networks. More information is available here.
Link building with backlinks
If you as a shop operator like to be active in communities such as forums, it can be worthwhile to place a link to your own online shop there. However, the forum operator should be contacted beforehand, as spam is not welcomed. You have the best chance when it comes to a website or forum that has a lot to do with your own topic / product.
Important: Links to your shop should not be scattered excessively. Place these carefully and carefully. Because Google punishes websites with a lower ranking if it detects excessive link building. It is therefore better to place one quality link per week on a good website instead of leaving ten random links somewhere on the net every day.
The most important thing: keep developing the online shop
There are numerous ways to get more online shop traffic. It is important not just to make one-off adjustments, but to stay continuously up to date. The competition never sleeps and the market is constantly changing.
In addition to the traffic sources mentioned, there are many other options. Be creative!
You can find more information on creating an online shop here.
- How do I check a person's identity
- Why trade is the best electricity
- Why are art courses so expensive
- How often do you visit your grandchildren
- What is the healthiest hot dog
- Why it takes a long time to melt snow
- How is winter in Raleigh USA
- What is the Pune University PRN
- Are BEAUTYCOUNTER products worth the cost
- What if Snoke was a Sith
- What can diabetics drink
- Where should we upload our résumé
- Is IKEA a company of good value
- Are goblins real
- Is it safe to invest in mutual funds online?
- What is electron counting
- Can a physics engineer work at NASA
- Who unfollowed me on Instagram
- How can we keep a WhatsApp status
- Who is Choi Soon sil
- Have you ever eaten parsnips?
- Howler monkeys are herbivores
- What drugs come in pill form
- What is Avon
- What is the rectification of water
- What are potassium channels
- Is Converse still used in sports
- Can a quadriplegic sleep through physical therapy
- What are some fear tactics
- What technical field does DJI drones do
- What is the future of enterprise search
- How is the placement at MANIT Bhopal
- Must landlords allow service dogs
- Can you decipher the word aps